Apple Roll Ups
Intense apple and intensely good! fresh apples, apple cider and apple powder unite in these Sauk Farm roll ups. have an extra batch of applesauce? it will also work in this application. perfect for healthy on - the - go snacks, lunch boxes, camping... make a double batch as these will no last long!
4 large apples, honeycrisp, gala or mix
1/3 cup Sauk Farm Apple Cider
1 tbsp honey
1/4 cup Sauk Farm Apple Powder
1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
Heat oven to 170 degrees F.
1. Peel, core, and chop the apples.
2. Place the apples in a small saucepan with the cider. cook and cover over medium heat until the apples soften, 10-15 mins. uncover, remove from heat, and let sit for 5 mins.
3. Add the apples and remaining ingredients to a food processor. Process until smooth.
4. Spread ¼” on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat (it will stick to parchment). Bake 2-3 hours until the surface is slightly tacky, but does not stick to your finger.
5. Cool. Cut into strips. The strips can be tied with string, or folded and wrapped in wax paper. Store in an airtight container. They keep for several weeks - only if no one knows they are there!