Sauk Farm Apple Pie
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
3/4 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup Cold Water
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
8 Sauk Farm Honey Crisp Apples
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Flour
1. Preheat Oven to 375°F. Cut apples into quarters and remove cores. Thinly slice apple quarters into eighths. Put slices in a large bowl and cover them with cold water, adding 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice to bowl. Set bowl aside.
2. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Add butter to the dry ingredients. Using a pastry dough cutter, cut in fat until it forms a consistent pea - sized crumble.
3. Slowly add cold water to the crumbly mixture while kneading till it forms a dough. (Be careful not to over knead.) Once dough is formed, split into two sections and set aside one half.
4. Lightly flour the countertop and roll out one half of the dough. Place the rolled out dough into pie pan and cut off excess dough leaving a 1/2 inch overhang on pie pan.
5. Drain sliced apples, and mix in the sugar and flour. Placed mixed apples into the pie pan and set aside.
6. Roll out the other half of the dough on a lightly floured surface. Place the rolled dough onto filled pie pan. Cut off excess pie dough leaving 1/2 inch overhang. Pinch both dough layers together and tuck under itself. Using four fingers, crimp the tucked piece of crust creating a triangle shape. (You can also use a fork).
7. Get your hands damp with water and pat your hands on the top of the apple pie. After drying off your hands, sprinkle sugar on top. Using a fork, puncture the top of the apple pie creating a star formation. Place pie into oven and set timer for one hour. Pie should be golden brown and bubbling.
8. Once removed from the oven, let it cool for 1-2 hours. Enjoy!